- The Secret Life of Plants by Perter Tompkins
- The healing power of plants by Eliot Cowen
- The sap from trees can and has been used for healing from cough syrup to carpal tunnel.
- The Creosote bush has properties to heal many things including dandruff to tumors.
- The Mesquite Tree can be used for fuel,dye or chewing gum.
- Prickly Pear can drain fluid from a blister by applying the pulp, it can drain the toxins or poisons from a sting or a bite. You can scramble it in eggs or use it as first aid.
These 3 plants are considered the 3 essentials in healing.
I only touched a few of their many uses.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that the Jojoba's leaves can orient themselves to get more or less sun by turning their leaves?
Did you know that the more aromatic the plant means the more medicinal?
Did you know that the AMAZING (one of my favorites) creosote AKA chaparral AKA Larrea tridenta AKA greasewood plant leaves can be dried and powdered and used as a antiperspirant?
or heated like a poultice can relieve abdominal pain after childbirth; aching feet and joint pain?
Or that the leaves also relieve toothace, gas, headache, tuberculosis, impetig, UTI, diabetes autoimmune diseases and PMS just to name SOME of its cures?
Here are some more suggested readings from the guides
"The Scalpel and the Silver Bear" Alvord, Lori Arviso, M.D.
"A Rendezvous with the Clouds" Fleming, Tim, M.D.
"Earth Medicine Earth Food" Mehl-Madrona, Lewis, M.D.
Time for me to study! Hope you find this blog helpful, interesting or get some type of positve experience by reading it.