Tuesday, February 17, 2009


A few days have passed since my last entry and I can't stop thinking about that little garden. My vision now is different. I dream about what I can do to help the garden, to help the children. I want to feel the dirt and the weeds in my hands. I want to plant seeds. I want to watch the transformation and hear the gasps and gratefulness from the children. I feel very lucky to be part of this project.

I don't know much about gardening. I do not have a green thumb. I am not nervous, I am excited. I can do this, I will do this and it will be good. I will get so much back from this... I will learn about me, about gardening and about service.

There are things that I will understand and know that I am unaware of. This ugly little garden isn't so ugly to me anymore.

I can't wait to go back and start my intern there. I can't wait to transform it. I went to a book fair and bought books about gardening. This experience thus far has provoked me to dream about my own back yard and raised garden and compost. So many ideas, where do I find the time?

1 comment:

  1. how was VNSA? i wanted to go again on sunday but i was just pooped. cant wait to see what you do. id love to help. let me know.

    ReplyDelete