Thursday, February 19, 2009


I am so excited! Today Brit taught herb class at SWIHA, (she is an herbalist who owns and herb shop in Gilbert, AZ) She handed out a pamphlet from Peter Big Foot's Reevis Mountain school of self reliance. My class has an opportunity to go spend time with Peter Big foot very soon but I am also booking a two day and two night retreat there for my boyfriend and I. I will be so excited to share on my blog, the adventures of this retreat and class outing.

Peter Big Foots web site is http://www.reevismountain.org/. Peter BigFoot is best known for is walk across the Sonoran Desert, relying only on the land. He didn't bring food or water. He walked 85 miles in 15 days. AMAZING. He teaches a survival class that I wish I could afford to take. Maybe some day.


Two of my latest books that I have aquired are:

Sacred Plant Medicine the wisdom in native american herbalism by Stephen Harrod Buhner

The Herbal HandBook a users guide to medical herbalism by David Hoffmann

both books were advised reading from my herbalist teacher Joanne. David Hoffmann actually wrote the Text that we are reading in class.


Another event that I can't wait to share on my blog will be the SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE on BOTANICAL MEDICINE which I will be attending in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment